Thursday, February 3, 2011

ONE GOD - Collalition Between Old and New

Issue 23      [September 19, 2010]

Almighty God
OLD -Genesis 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I        am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
NEW -   Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and          which is to come, the Almighty.
I am
 OLD -    Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,         I  AM hath sent me unto you.
NEW -   John 8:58 s said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Holy One
OLD - Isaiah43:15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
NEW - Acts 3:14  But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

First and Last
OLD - Isaiah44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am   the          last; and beside me there Is no God.
NEW - Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

The Rock
OLD - Psalms 18:31 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
NEW - 1Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

One Husband
OLD - Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to         bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
NEW -2Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may        present you as a chaste virgin

One Master
OLD - Malachi 1:6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I     be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say,         Wherein have we despised thy name?
NEW -Mt 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 

One Sheppard
OLD -       Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his           bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
NEW - John 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and         leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

One Savior
OLD - Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient      time? who hath told it from  that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
NEW - Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men,   whereby we must be saved.

One Redeemer
OLD - Isaiah 41:14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.
NEW - Luke 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

The Word Of God
OLD - John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
NEW - Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Lord Of Lords
OLD -Dt 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons,          nor  taketh reward:
NEW - Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Every Knee Shall Bow
OLD - Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That          unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
NEW -Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under          the earth;


I Am He
OLD - Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and       believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
NEW -             John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your     sins.

One Creator
OLD - Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
NEW -  John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.  Jn 1:4 In him was life;        and the life was the light of men.  Jn 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. Jn 1:6          There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.  Jn 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the      Light, that all men through him might believe.  Jn 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.       Jn 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into he world.  Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and the      world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

King Of Israel
OLD - Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
NEW - John 1:49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.

The Lord Is Coming Soon
OLD -Zechariah 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east,   and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a      very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.  Zec 14:5     And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall         flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall         come, and all the saints with thee
NEW - Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon    the throne of his glory:  Mt           25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one    from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:  Mt 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Editors Comments:

     I would like to say that I am NOT the foremost authority in discussing ONE God teaching. I told the Lord I would do what he ask, so here I am, and here we go.

     This may be elementary for you but Its deep water for me. although I grew up in a Pentecostal church and my granny taught me who Jesus was, I never questioned it and so I never had a reason to know scripture for it. I just always knew there was ONE God and his name was Jesus but I didn't know scripture to back up my knowledge. The older I get, the harder I have to work to retain knowledge.

      When we live a certain way we need to have a small idea of WHY. If we were a cubs fan it would not be because they were the greatest ball team, it would be because we just like them.               

     Salvation should not be that way. We should live it because it is the right way,. It should not be the right way because we live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are blessed by this newsletter, PLEASE sign up as a follower, it is FREE.
I welcome your comments or questions. I appreciate your input.