Monday, January 31, 2011

The ONE Percenter

Issue 21      [August 15, 2010]

What do you do when you FEEL that all that you do is in vain? What happens when you attempt to motivate the church, but the only sound comes from the chirping of the crickets? What do you do when you bring countless ideas to the table but are drowned out by a countless flow of negativity and lack of enthusiasm?

      What do you do when you attempt to lead by example and when you turn, all you see behind you is disgruntled looks by the dignified onlookers. What do you do when you get out and invite people to come to church and you spend time, effort and energy, blood, sweat, and tears into it, just to find out no one showed up? What do you do when you cry out to God to answer an unspoken prayer and day after day, Satan throws it into your face that its all in vain?

      I tell you what you do. You forget those pessimists who drown in their own sorrowful state and do what YOU have to do to make Heaven your home! Live it for yourself! Let those who never will;  accomplish their goal!

      I used to think that it mattered what others thought of me. I felt that to be liked I had to “be like” them but  ya’ know what I found out?! FORGET them! Never allow anyone, no matter who it is, to drag you down. You find out what you want in life and go for it! Don’t worry about what they think, you are a 1 percenter. What is a “one percenter?” Allow me to explain it another way.

      99 percent of the world is only willing to give 1 percent toward their goal. Then you have the “one percenter” group who are willing to give 99 percent to reach their goal. Let me ask you, who do you think will achieve success? I think Stevie Wonder can see where I’m going with this.

      The Bible says that “it is forever settled in Heaven” but as a preacher said, “What we need to do is get it forever settled in our hearts.” You show me a man (or woman) who has an undying love and desire and I’ll show you a winner no matter what.
     
      Opposition from outside the church. We face things outside the church from family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, ands perfect strangers. When we wake up in the morning and go to face the day of our routine or usual activities we walk out into the world and there it is - Opposition.  We are not OF the world, we are merely renting this flesh until our time is up. We  are on a temporary visa and soon we will be heading to our homeland. Keep it in your mind that we should not concern ourselves with the problems of this world. Do your best and toss aside the rest.

      Opposition from inside the church. A preacher made the statement not too long ago, It takes far less to be conservative than it did 50 years ago. I will go a step farther and say, it takes far less than it did 20 years ago.    Churches of today have become rich and increased with much goods. Better automobiles and bigger homes, higher credit limits, more elegant clothing    and not to forget the gadgets which are consuming our minds. I am NOT against possessions, only when it begins to lull us away from our true purpose on why we are here. Possessions are not sin as long as you hold them but its when they hold you that they become a distraction. Scripture says that “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” This not only means physical but mental also.

      When you hold to doctrine and those around you see it as personal conviction, hold your head high and keep moving. Remember that God reminded Elijah that there were 7,000  that have not bowed their knee to Bail. When those around you snub you because you don’t want to join in their “fun” remember that we all have a Heaven and a Hell. Some may get theirs now but you desire to enjoy yours later. Don’t forget that not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter in.

     Revelation 3:14 -17 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

     I remember Brother Ballistero was preaching a message last year and he made the statement: “In my words, you are either a snowball, a fire ball or a spitball.”  This is a true statement which this passages of scripture is very familiar to all apostolics but the sad thing is we never look at it with the possiblility that WE could be the one that God is refering to as “lukewarm.” Our problem is we can always see everyone else and we can see other churches but we can never seem to rid ourselves of the beam in our own eye.


     Conquering obstacles in our everyday walk, we have to program our minds. Our flesh has our minds to naturally “self-destruct” so we must use any tactic necessary to RE-program our mind for success. This is why praying, fasting, reading our Bible and associating ourselves with good brethren is so essential for our survival. Go to church as often as you can, listen to preaching on tape, anything you can do to keep positive-ness in your everyday walk.

     Some don’t put too much faith in “motivational speakers” and there are some who are not Christian oriented. These speakers are motivating people in their careers and helping them overcome certain obstacles which they might encounter. I have found that I can take most anything that they say and use it for our spiritual walk. Whether it be the “10 Attributes of a Champion” or “The 5 Keys to Asking” or whatever it is, I take what they say and find a way to use it our walk with God.

     Never give in, Never give out, and most certainly NEVER up! God said in his word that his grace is sufficient, he would never leave us nor forsake us, If we had faith as a grain of a mustard seed, and If God be for us, just to mention a few scriptures.  If you are sincere in your heart, then go to God with an humble and a contrite spirit and I guarantee you that he will move in your direction and give you what you need to not only survive but to overcome! Try Him and see.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Scripture For Your Basket:

1 Kings 8:57 The LORD our God be with us, as he was with our fathers: let him not leave us, nor forsake us

Romans 8:31  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

1 Kings 20:28  And there came a man of God, and spake unto the king of Israel, and said, Thus saith the LORD, Because the Syrians have said, The LORD is God of the hills, but he is not God of the valleys, therefore will I deliver all this great multitude into thine hand, and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Editors Comments:

Sometimes you will have to stand alone. God is always with you, but as far as friends, family and even church friends, there will be times in your life you may have to stand alone, but this does not mean you will BE alone.

     When the early Christians had to face persecution, they didn't have the crowd to back them up, they stood alone.  You may stand alone in the crowd (as far as your natural eye can see) but never forget you will not BE alone. God is always there by your side.

         
     I ask each one of you to help me pray about this situation of the newsletter. I am researching and considering turning this into a "non-profit" and expanding. I have basically been funding this whole thing out of my own pocket (with some help from other people who have been very generous). If I go thru with the nonprofit then I can maybe get some financing thru other sources.

When you take a stand for Jesus, I guarantee that he'll take a stand for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are blessed by this newsletter, PLEASE sign up as a follower, it is FREE.
I welcome your comments or questions. I appreciate your input.